Sunday, May 17, 2009

Time in the garden

Inside I'm working on The Day of the Dead--
Paintings for a show in October.


Outside I'm working on shaping and coloring my garden.
In Oklahoma I was raised to call it "the yard."
Garden meant an area where you grow things to eat-
a vegetable garden. Then there was the flower garden.


Today--I like to think of it all as "The Garden."
It's my outdoor canvas and all I need to do is look
which can be dangerous for Greg, because I always
see some way to improve--to refine. That's the fun of it.
My creation outside is like a ripple that keeps expanding.
I know when a painting is finished.
I paint the edges and give it my signature.
Maybe a garden is just on a much larger scale.
I can't do all the creating by myself.
The work required and it's possibilities seems to have no end!
I guess, it could be thought of as a series of paintings.
There are so many different areas.....

I'm working on the edges now, but the signature is not in sight.