Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 Red Shoe Studio

There was a time when I worked on a lot of ideas in sketch book form.

I have a stack of them next to my easel.

It was away for me to explore certain topics.

To do one after another and see if they would lead any where.

Sometimes in pencil or with markers that would bleed through the paper.

I'd have two ways of looking at the idea.

I often carried a sketch book with me if

I knew I was going to be waiting somewhere.

Sometimes one little thing will give an idea for another.

Today I have so many unused sketch books

because I've recently taken to sketching directly on the canvas.

Using oil color thined with turpenoid,
I sketch and if what happens doesn't seem to work

I just wipe it off with a cloth

and try again.

(If you would like to hear more about this, let me know.)




"In all things it is better to hope than dispair."

Goethe